- 2 ripe bananas, chopped
- 5 eggwhites
- 100g caster sugar, plus extra to scatter
- Softened butter, to brush
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa, sifted, plus extra to dust
- Chocolate sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place the bananas into a blender and whiz until pureed. Set aside.
- Place eggwhites in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and whisk until soft peaks. With the motor running, gradually add the sugar until eggwhites are thick and fluffy and sugar has dissolved. Gently fold in banana puree until combined.
- Brush the base and sides of six 200ml capacity ovenproof dishes with the softened butter and scatter with extra sugar. Shake off excess, then divide cocoa among dishes and coat base and sides, dusting off excess. This will give the souffle a chocolate side when risen.
- Carefully divide mixture among dishes, making sure not to scrape any of the sugar or cocoa coating the sides. Use a palette knife to smooth the top, making sure the outside rim is clean before baking. Bake for 10-12 minutes until risen. Dust with cocoa and drizzle over chocolate sauce to serve.